Way Forward Programme Lead – Learning & Physical Disabilities
Permanent Position – Salary Negotiable Depending on Experience
Way Forward is part of Osel Enterprises Ltd, an Isle of Wight Charity established in 1988. A fantastic opportunity for a Senior Manager has arisen to join our well-respected and expanding support service in Newport, Isle of Wight.
As a Senior Manager of Osel Enterprises Ltd you will be running the day to day operations as well as taking a more strategic approach to the overall programme. The client group at this location are individuals with learning difficulties, physical disabilities, complex needs and autistic spectrum disorders. We focus on enhancing life and social skills for independent living, assisting our service users to pursue their goals and interests, and to encourage social inclusion and activities. We also offer Asdan courses and Duke of Edinburgh awards.
We are seeking a compassionate, experienced and knowledgeable manager who is looking for a new and exciting challenge.
Key Role and Responsibilities
- Ensure the service users receive individualised person-centred support to enable them to enjoy as fully as possible a fulfilling and valued life
- Ensure staff encourage and support the service users in expressing their needs, enabling them to make choices and to participate in planning the support they need
- Ensure service users have person centred plans, that these are reviewed, evaluated in partnership with the service user, key workers, family members and other professionals
- Ensure the service users are enabled to become as independent as possible, to grow in confidence and personal ability
- Ensure the service users have a health action plan, receive advice, regular health checks to maintain their physical and emotional wellbeing
- Communicate positively with service user’s friends and family arranging regular meetings, using newsletters and promoting events
- To be accountable for the overall quality of the service and to ensure it conforms to legislation pertaining to the business is fully understood and followed
- To work closely with the Chief Executive Officer in the management of the service budgets. To take positive steps to market the service to professional bodies and apply for funding to help enhance the facilities within the centre
We are looking for:
The ideal candidate will possess strong managerial qualities including experience of leading a large team and be passionate and dedicated to providing first-class support to our service users and the smooth running of the programme.
- Have a minimum 3 years management experience within the social care sector, supporting adults with learning and physical disabilities.
- Health and Social Care Qualification (or equivalent).
- Good knowledge of current legislation.
All applications are subject to Enhanced DBS clearance, satisfactory references and a two-round interview process.
Please apply below or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop your application into Osel Head Office.
Closing date of applications: 28th August 2017.
Registered in England No: 2225130 Registered Charity No: 1007947